Welcome to Day 2 of the 12 days of Christmas on Ellie Bakes, where I will be sharing a festive recipe every day until Christmas Eve. I think Christmas is the best time of the year for baking, and I have lots of great recipes to share!
These cookies are really quick to make, perfect for baking when unexpected visitors pop in! They’re best eaten straight from the oven, while the chocolate is still melted. They work really well with cranberries and dark chocolate, but you can use whatever chocolate you have in the cupboard. Orange zest also works really well in place of the cinnamon.
Dark chocolate and cranberry cookies
For the cookies:
- 135g plain flour
- 80g soft brown sugar
- 80g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 190g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 60g dried cranberries
- 60g dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
2 baking trays, greased and lined with baking paper
Heat your oven to 180°C
- Stir the.butter, sugars and vanilla bean paste until they form a soft mixture, then beat in the egg.
- Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon in, then stir in the cranberries and chocolate.
- Divide the dough into 12, and roll into balls, then place on your baking trays, spread well apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until just starting to brown at the edges. The middle will still be soft, but don’t worry because they will firm up as they cool.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before taking off the baking paper and eating!