Welcome to Day 3 of the 12 days of Christmas on Ellie Bakes, where I will be sharing a festive recipe every day until Christmas Eve. I think Christmas is the best time of the year for baking, and I have lots of great recipes to share!
This hot chocolate is the perfect indulgent Christmas treat, and is the only thing to drink after a frosty winter walk. It is also a great way to use up those chocolate oranges which you might have hanging around at this time of year…!
You can scale it up to make as much as you want, just multiply the recipe by how many hearts you are warming (or people you are feeding)!
Orange hot chocolate
- 60g orange flavoured chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 mug of milk
- 1 tbsp hot chocolate powder
- 1 large orange
- Mini marshmallows, squirty cream or other extra toppings
- Heat the milk in a heavy based saucepan until hot, but don’t let it boil or the milk might curdle.
- Whisk in the hot chocolate powder and chocolate, and leave to melt, stirring every so often.
- To serve the hot chocolate, cut the top off the orange and set aside, then hollow out the orange, removing the juice and segments while keeping the skin intact.
- When the chocolate has melted, whisk again and then serve in your orange!