Welcome to Day 7 of the 12 days of Christmas on Ellie Bakes, where I will be sharing a festive recipe every day until Christmas Eve. I think Christmas is the best time of the year for baking, and I have lots of great recipes to share!
These cupcake jars are perfect as last minute Christmas presents, as they can be assembled with ingredients you’re bound to have in your cupboard. They look really pretty when layered up, and would be great as a gift with some cupcake cases or even a mini wooden spoon.
1 large kilner jar
To put in the jar:
- 150g plain flour
- 60g caster sugar
- 60g soft brown sugar
- 30g cocoa powder
- Layer the dry ingredients in a large kilner jar. It looks pretty if you keep different colour layers separate.
- Write the label, then attach onto the jar with twine and give as a present with some pretty cupcake cases.
To write on the label:
- 2 eggs
- 100g melted butter
- 30ml milk
- Tip all the ingredients from the jar into a large bowl, then add the eggs, butter and milk and stir until you have a smooth batter.
- Spoon the mixture into cases and cook for 20 minutes at 180C.
- Once the cakes have cooled, ice and decorate then eat!