Welcome to Day 9 of the 12 days of Christmas on Ellie Bakes, where I will be sharing a festive recipe every day until Christmas Eve. I think Christmas is the best time of the year for baking, and I have lots of great recipes to share!
These Florentines make brilliant last minute Christmas presents, and would also be great nibbles for a Christmas party. You can make bigger ones with larger biscuit cutters which would also be perfect for dunking in a cup of tea!
For the Florentines:
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 70g honey
- 70g flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 50g dried cherries
- 40g dried cranberries and 10g crystallised ginger
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
Swiss roll tin, lined with baking paper
Pre-heat your oven to 180 oC
- Put the butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan and heat until the butter has melted and the sugar dissolved.
- Pour into a bowl, add the flaked almonds and flour and mix well.
- Divide the mixture in half, and add the cherries to one bowl and the cranberries and ginger to the other.
- Spread both mixtures into the tin and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown, then remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once nearly cool, stamp shapes out of the Florentine using cookie cutters. I used stars and circles.
- Paint one side of each Florentine with chocolate and leave to set, then serve.